Reports to the service supervisor at the Ottawa location and is responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality.
a) Heavy Duty Mechanic will perform full repairs and maintenance on a variety of construction and mining equipment
b) Maintain good working records for time, parts, supplies, and outside purchases in repairs.
c) Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment, and vehicles.
d) Communicate with others professionally.
· Enforce all policies and procedures as specified in the company manuals.
· Maintain high employee morale.
· Maintain excellent customer and employee relations.
1) Recondition and Repair Equipment and Components.
· Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned
· Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs
· Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner
· Ensure that all repairs are completed as assigned
· Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion as required
· Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned per guidelines
· Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition
2) Maintain Good Working Records for Time, Parts, Supplies and Outside Purchases in Repairs.
· All record keeping methods are followed per instructions
· All cost-related items are included in the job “jacket”
· Ensure all records kept are legible or in compliance with established methods
3) Maintain and Care for Shop Tools, Equipment and Vehicles.
· All specialty tools used on the job are obtained using the methods established
· All tools and special equipment used on repairs are clean before returning them
· All specialty tools used on jobs are returned to the original location in working condition
4) Communicate with Others Professionally.
· All communications with customers is conducted in a manner reflecting respect and
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to all of the forces around them - customers, suppliers, department employees, coworkers and manufacturers employees.
General skill requisites
· Strong mechanical skills
· Good communications skills
· Good, safe work habits
Specific skill requisites
· A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions.
· Able to perform repairs for all major equipment systems
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ESS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.